KristinaD

Crux
Moira Rogers
Enthralled: Paranormal Diversions
Kelley Armstrong, Ally Condie, Melissa Marr, Jessica Verday
Etiquette & Espionage - Gail Carriger originally posted: http://newborrowedused.blogspot.com/2013/03/book-review-etiquette-espionage.html

My Thoughts: We start with Sophronia trying to spy on company to find out what her mother is up to. This leads to all sorts of problems and ends up being a perfect example as to why she is being recruited for finishing school.
Sophronia is a great lead without being overdone. She's not perfect and doesn't always thinks first causing problems not only for herself but others as well. This makes her more likable and believable, she is not your typical "I'm perfect" lead (that's Monique). The other characters (some you'll recognize if you've read Carriger's adult series) add diversity and interest. Dimity and her brother Pill were my favorites after Sophronia.
Overall, this was a good start to a new series. I had some problems with the "mystery" surrounding the prototype. I didn't really feel like there were a lot of answers. We knew who had it but were never really told why they were doing it (was it just the money or was there more to it). It just felt slightly unfinished in that respect. Some of this may be cleared up when the next book comes out in November (2013).