KristinaD

Crux
Moira Rogers
Enthralled: Paranormal Diversions
Kelley Armstrong, Ally Condie, Melissa Marr, Jessica Verday
The Lure of Shapinsay - Krista Holle originally posted on my blog: http://newborrowedused.blogspot.com/2012/12/book-review-lure-of-shapinsay.html

My Thoughts: While I read a lot of Fantasy/ shifter stories, this is my first with selkies as the main characters. They've been background characters (way back) so I knew a little about the legend but not much.
Kait instantly grabbed me. I loved when the story was from her POV, especially at the beginning. Her interactions with the villagers and relationship with her brother really showed her as a strong capable female. As the story moved on and she became obsessed with Eamon this seemed to wain and I was less enthused. It didn't take away from the story but the needy aspect seemed to far out of character.
Eamon was another interesting character. What we find out about selkies explains a lot of his characteristics that might seem odd at first glance.
The author was able to make this a very romantic, magical story between these characters even with possibility that Kait was under the selkie lure. I enjoyed the progression of the relationship and where it ultimately ended up.
I do wish that when we were reading Eamon's POV we would have gotten more interactions with other selkies. That is the only thing that seemed to be missing. I also loved Tipper and her story and would love to read more about her and see fully how she became what she was in this story (we get a lot but I love side characters and just wanted more).
Overall this was a great read and will appeal to many people. Whether you're a fan of romance, shifters, or are just looking for something outside the norm this book meets those needs.