KristinaD

Crux
Moira Rogers
Enthralled: Paranormal Diversions
Kelley Armstrong, Ally Condie, Melissa Marr, Jessica Verday
Bitterblue - Ian Schoenherr, Kristin Cashore originally posted: http://newborrowedused.blogspot.com/2012/09/book-review-bitterblue.html#comments

My Thoughts: After waiting for this book for so long I feel like I should have liked it more than I did. It started off very slow for me. I had problems getting into the story and liking Bitterblue. A lot of things she did just didn't seem plausible for someone who is the Queen. I could understand her getting away with sneaking out a couple of times without getting caught. Doing it for weeks with no one catching on and not running into anyone outside the castle that knew who she was, was a stretch.
I did like seeing some old favorites and getting to know new ones. I found myself more interested in Saf and his family and what the old characters were doing on there missions than I was in Bitterblue and her castle mysteries.
The last half of the book did pick up and there were plenty of twists and surprises that kept me reading. The resolution of the killings in the city and the strange things around the castle worked even if it was a little on the predictable side. Finding the land to the East that Leck was trying to recreate was my favorite part. Meeting the people and learning about their ways seemed to be a great set up for a future book(series) that I would be interested in reading.

Rating: 4 (may be closer to 3.5)