KristinaD

Moira Rogers
Enthralled: Paranormal Diversions
Kelley Armstrong, Ally Condie, Melissa Marr, Jessica Verday
Fair Game  - Patricia Briggs may change to five..still waiver on rating

originally posted:http://newborrowedused.blogspot.com/2012/05/book-review-fair-game.html

My Thoughts: I was kinda sad when this book was finished. I hadn't realized how much I missed the A&O/Mercy world that Ms Briggs has created. I was grabbed right from the start and did not really put it down until it was over.
The werewolves are out and it has increased the amount of work that Charles has to do as his father's enforcer. The things that they may have let slide previously are now being punished with death and it is taking its toll. To try and lessen his burden and let him focus on catching an actual bad guy, Bran sends Charles and Anna to assist the FBI (and some other alphabets) in a serial killer case.
The blurb is kind of misleading, all the victims are not were but most are part of the supernatural community. I loved the mix of paranormal and mystery (two of my favorite genres). Following along and finding out why the victims were who they were and who was involved was highly entertaining. While I didn't want it to end, I was satisfied with the ending.
Even though I love them together, I'm still not sure of Anna sometimes. I think it is the whole Omega thing. I still have trouble picturing someone who can stand up to the Marrock and tell him NO without a thought or repercussion. I do like her and Charles together and enjoyed reading about them working out their problems. Charles having issues and consequences from what he was doing made him more real and believable. I also liked the new FBI characters and while I know we probably won't, I would not mind having them come back in other books.
Overall I love this series/world and I cannot wait for the next book to come out.