KristinaD

Crux
Moira Rogers
Enthralled: Paranormal Diversions
Kelley Armstrong, Ally Condie, Melissa Marr, Jessica Verday
Soulless - Gail Carriger, Gail Carriger originally posted:http://newborrowedused.blogspot.com/2012/05/book-review-soulless.html

My Thoughts: It took me awhile to get into this story. I kept putting it down wondering why everyone makes such a big deal about this series. That fact was the only reason that I picked it back up again. I didn't really care for Alexia at first, she just wasn't grabbing me. Once more characters were part of the story line it picked up. I liked both Lord Maccon and his Beta. They both added to story with his rude Scottish mannerisms and Prof. Lyall trying to keep him in line with their standards.
As I've stated before, I Love quirky side characters. I could have a whole book with just Lord Akeldama (he moved right into favorite vampires list) and Alexia's friend Ivy. Both these characters were so over the top that I couldn't help but love them. Other than her odd hats I know Ivy displayed common attitudes for the time period but it seemed so exaggerated.
Plot wise, Alexia not having a soul was different but I still don't really understand how or why it works the way it does on the supernaturals. The disappearances, scientists, experiments etc became muddled and some things were never explained to my liking but I was still satisfied with the conclusion of that part of the story. I did feel the ending dragged a bit.
Even with all that and the slow start I still ended up really liking this book and will be moving on to the second in the series.