KristinaD

Crux
Moira Rogers
Enthralled: Paranormal Diversions
Kelley Armstrong, Ally Condie, Melissa Marr, Jessica Verday
The Gathering - Kelley Armstrong originally posted: http://newborrowedused.blogspot.com/2012/04/book-review-gathering.html

My Thoughts: I'm very mixed on this one, felt like a roller coaster. I liked the beginning. The book jumps right into the action. There's a death, an almost death, everything seemed to be going in the right direction for a great read. Then it's a year later and I got bored for a large chunk of the book. I know that we needed background and world building since this is the first book but the layout didn't work for me. There were things here and there that would pique my interest and then it would wane again. About halfway through it started to pick up again.
Between the strangers in a town that never has visitors and the new kid that knows more about Maya than she does, it pulled me back in. I liked both Rafe and Daniel and was glad it wasn't set up as a love triangle. They each bring something different to the story, from the one that is like Maya to the one who may be destined to hunt them.
I don't usually have this problem with this author but the end didn't really work for me. It just seemed really rushed and too much was going on. Then it just seemed to end. I still am curious about this series and trying to fit all the pieces together so I will definitely be reading the second book.

rating:3.5