KristinaD

Crux
Moira Rogers
Enthralled: Paranormal Diversions
Kelley Armstrong, Ally Condie, Melissa Marr, Jessica Verday
Cinder - Marissa Meyer originally posted: http://newborrowedused.blogspot.com/2012/03/book-review-cinder.html

My Thoughts: I loved more in this Cinderella retelling than I hated. Cinder being a cyborg was an interesting twist that kept adding to the story line as it went.
Character wise, this book is full of them. No matter what kind you like, you'll find someone to enjoy. Even though Cinder is tied to Adri (stepmother) she still seemed to have more of an independent streak than most Cinderella's. Adri was just vile and easily hateable. If you've read any of my reviews before you know I love the quirky sidekicks. Iko fit the bill perfectly. She was a snarky, girly girl android that stole the show whenever she was there (hoping she comes back).
It's difficult to say who I hated more, Adri or the Lunar queen. Everyone from Lunar seems to be evil and it added a nice twist to the story.
Overall this was a well written debut that kept me reading until the end and I look forward to reading the second book.