KristinaD

Crux
Moira Rogers
Enthralled: Paranormal Diversions
Kelley Armstrong, Ally Condie, Melissa Marr, Jessica Verday
Darker Still - Leanna Renee Hieber My Thoughts: It took me forever to read this book because I kept putting it down. While I like Natalie and Mrs Northe, I did not feel any connection with Lord Denbury. I had a hard time believing the way every woman that came across his painting seemed to fall madly in love with him. I think I would have understood it more if there had been some kind of spell that was put on the picture rather than the way we were given.
I enjoyed the process of Natalie finding her voice and herself and that was the thing that kept me picking the book back up after setting it aside. She seemed to get stronger as the events going on got weirder and darker.
A couple of things I didn't get. If Natalie could see these other things/beings in her dreams, why didn't her mother just show herself to her instead of going through Mrs Northe? Also, I don't like when scenes have no purpose. Like Maggy trying to do a seance when Natalie shows up to free Denbury. It added nothing, you could take that part out and just had Natalie show up and wait for the devil and had the same outcome.
I ended up liking enough that I will probably give the second book a try. The society and what part Maggy ends up playing has potential to bring me back.

rating: 3.5