KristinaD

Moira Rogers
Enthralled: Paranormal Diversions
Kelley Armstrong, Ally Condie, Melissa Marr, Jessica Verday
Shadowcry  - Jenna Burtenshaw rating: 3.5

My Thoughts: I liked parts of this book better than I liked it as a whole. The last quarter really saved it.
There was too much time with the capture and transfer of Kate to Fume. It got rather boring when you already knew the outcome just from the summary.
The characters weren't very inspired. I never got the evil feel from Silas. He just seemed tired and I felt sorry for him even before Kate found out the whole story. I did like Kate and saw potential in her character. She was able to take charge and think for herself even in midst of all the strange things that were happening to her.
Da'Ru had the most potential to be the true evil that this story needed. I would rather of had her story throughout the book to add to the suspense and character building, than in some flashes in the last showdown.
Overall the ending saved this for me. I'm curious enough about Wintercraft and Kate's abilities to read the second book.