KristinaD

Crux
Moira Rogers
Enthralled: Paranormal Diversions
Kelley Armstrong, Ally Condie, Melissa Marr, Jessica Verday
The Alchemyst - Michael Scott, Erik Singer My Thoughts: I'm so very torn about this book/series. I wanted to like it and for the most part I did but there was a big flaw that is still nagging at me and causing me to not want to read the next book. I really dislike books that are good vs evil and only one side seems to be having any success while the other spends the whole book just surviving. There were several times while reading where it felt like the author was going to need to come up with some new characters because the current batch was not going to make it.
That aside, I did like the most of the characters. I found Dr John Dee to be a suitable "evil" even if everything seemed to be a little to easy for him. The twins came off as likable but kinda generic. For most of the book you never would have known they were teenagers if the author did not remind you. Scatty and Perenelle were my favorite characters and may be the thing that causes me to pick up the next book.
Overall, it wasn't a waste of a read but also didn't feel completely satisfying once finished. It may be awhile before I try the second book.