KristinaD

Moira Rogers
Enthralled: Paranormal Diversions
Kelley Armstrong, Ally Condie, Melissa Marr, Jessica Verday
Blood Stains - Sharon Sala rating: 3.5

My Thoughts: This series is about a set of sisters that find out they were each "adopted" under extreme circumstances and their journey to find out who they really are. This book is about Maria, who witnessed the murder of her mother but cannot remember anything from the time before she was brought to her family's ranch.
While some may not, I enjoyed the fact that it seemed to be more suspense than romance. You can tell there is something building between the Maria and Bodie but it seems to take a backseat to finding the murderer and getting Maria's memory back before it's too late. Maria comes to town as this strong independent woman who has set a goal and isn't going to let anything get in her way except when she had breakdowns (fear of storms) so Bodie could "save the day". I found Bodie to be your typical cowboy cop. There was nothing wrong with this but nothing special either. Since there was nothing about either of these characters that really made them stand out for me I focused more on the story.
Since we knew who the killer was throughout the story, this was more about would the good guys figure it out in time or would the killer get his way.
Overall an enjoyable easy read that left enough for me to want to find out what happens with the other two sisters.