KristinaD

Moira Rogers
Enthralled: Paranormal Diversions
Kelley Armstrong, Ally Condie, Melissa Marr, Jessica Verday
Black Wings - Christina Henry
This was a good start to this series. Maddie is an Agent of Death that takes souls to the Door when they pass. Maddie comes across as an everyday female, besides being an Agent of Death. She has concerns about bills, friends, a boss she can't stand, all this makes her someone you can relate to.
There's a little of everything in this book. You get Fallen Angels, Demons, Witches , Nephilim and a Gargoyle that provides great comic relief throughout the book. My favorite parts of the book were the flashbacks to Maddies ancestor and the story of how she came to gain her other powers. On the other hand I also didn't like how they changed Evangeline for a few pages just so Maddie would have a chance to stand up on her own and show growth. I think this could have been done in a different way that didn't go against the rest of the book.
I am looking forward to this series. Intrigue about the future was set up in a way that makes you want to find out what happens next. For romance junkies it seems to have it all, forbidden love, an arranged marriage from a father I would not want to say no to, and a possible office romance.