KristinaD

Moira Rogers
Enthralled: Paranormal Diversions
Kelley Armstrong, Ally Condie, Melissa Marr, Jessica Verday
Blood Red Road - Moira Young

My Thoughts: I had a hard time getting into this book. I struggled with the dialect right from the start, all the git's and fers and 'uld (this one was the worst), I ended up putting the book down several times. Once the action in the book picked up I was able to get past the words and get into Saba's story.
I ended up liking several of the other characters more than I liked Saba. Throughout the book we see her growth, from a sheltered twin who relies on her brother for everything to a self reliant individual who is able to get through anything that is thrown at her. My problem was that even with the growth she was one of those characters that seemed to take one step forward and two steps back. I could easily see her in the next book acting the same way she was at the beginning of this book. I thought that the little sister, Emmi, had the most growth. She goes from a spoiled, sheltered child to someone who is able stand on her own and fight with everyone else. I also really liked the rest of the people that helped Saba along the way from Jack, who puts up with more than most would, to the Free Hawks, who remind me of an Amazon type group. There are some truly evil characters in this book. From the Pinch's and Cagemaster, who kidnap and force Saba to fight in cage matches, to the King who wants to sacrifice Lugh for his own gains.
It was easy to get lost in this book from the road trip leaving Silverlake right up until the final battle at Freedom Fields with the King and his men. There are some characters like DeMallo (one of the King's men) and Lugh that I wanted to know more about and hope we find out more in future books.

Rating: 3.5 (only because of my issues with Saba and the dialect)