KristinaD

Moira Rogers
Enthralled: Paranormal Diversions
Kelley Armstrong, Ally Condie, Melissa Marr, Jessica Verday
Dark Jenny - Alex Bledsoe rating 3.5

originally posted: http://newborrowedused.blogspot.com/2011/05/book-review-dark-jenny.html

This is the third book in this series, even though I have not read the first two, I never felt lost or like I was missing backstory. This book can and does stand on its own. This reminded my a lot of Arthurian tales but with some twists. The main character Eddie reminded me a lot of Dresden from Jim Butcher's series. They both are more gritty type characters that aren't afraid of getting dirty to get to the bottom of the case. King Marcus is a larger than life figure, even in the few scenes he is in, this comes across. The twist with Queen Jennifer was interesting and added another level to the secrecy and intrigue that goes on in these kingdoms. The story of the King and Queen is told by Eddie while he is explaining what/why there was a coffin delivered to him. I agreed with the patrons of the tavern, the ending of their story was not a great one. We all want our heroes to go out better than King Marcus did.
The twists and turns in this story along with all the action kept me reading until the end. I will definitely be going back to read the first two books in this series.