KristinaD

Crux
Moira Rogers
Enthralled: Paranormal Diversions
Kelley Armstrong, Ally Condie, Melissa Marr, Jessica Verday
A Spy in the House - Y.S. Lee My Thoughts: The setting is what makes this book. If you were to place The Agency in modern times it would not be as interesting. That being said I found Mary to be a strong, self-reliant female in a time when that was unheard of. The relationship between her and James, whether they were getting in each others ways or working together, was humorous and at times romantic pairing. There were also some very unlikeable characters in this story, more than usual. I found myself cringing at the behavior of the family Mary was working for. Some may have been acceptable of a family of this stature and in this time period but it was still cringe worthy.
The action was well paced and made for an enjoyable read from beginning to end. The conclusion of what was happening with the ships/sailors was a satisfying end to the story. It answered many questions while leaving enough for you to want to read the next book. I look forward to finding out more about Mary's own past as well as what kind of trouble she can cause in the future.

Rating: 3.5
Originally posted: http://newborrowedused.blogspot.com/2011/05/book-review-spy-in-house.html