KristinaD

Moira Rogers
Enthralled: Paranormal Diversions
Kelley Armstrong, Ally Condie, Melissa Marr, Jessica Verday
The Candidates - Inara Scott rating: 3.5
Dislikes: I think this is one of those books where my age seems to come into play. I've been out of high school as long as the main character has been alive. I don't mind stories that take place in schools as long as something is happening. This book was missing that, it seemed to be mostly classes and lunch, followed by track and homework with a little bits of Dancia's issues with her powers thrown in.

Likes: I liked the characters, especially Dancia and Jack. I loved the interactions between the two of them and their struggle to deal with their powers and how they work. The love triangle wasn't overdone so that was a nice surprise as well. The story did pick up in the second half and once the story of the academy and what it's real purpose was revealed.

Overall: This was a well paced book and a quick easy read. Even the parts that weren't as interesting to me were still well written. I am interested to see what happens going forward with Dancia and her power and also her relationships, both love and friendship.

Posted:http://newborrowedused.blogspot.com/2011/01/book-review-candidates.html